Websites for your listening and music learning enjoyment...
Classical Music for Kids
San Fransisco Symphony
African drumming for kids
New York Philharmonic Kids
Apps for iPad
- At Play Music Recorder - A great start to recorder playing. You can even choose your own avatar!
- Bebot - Part robot, part synth - Bebot is a versatile musical synthesizer with a unique mult-itouch control method, built into an animated cartoon robot.
- Blob Chorus - Train your musical ear! An activity to test your ability to pick out a note from a sequence.
- Crazy Piano - Game for young children, involves colorful characters - Gugl and friends - in bands. Highlight: "catch the stars" game.
- Drum Kit - A Virtual drum set initiated by finger taps. Could be your drummer if connected to sound system.
- DrumJam - DrumJam is a whole new world of percussion and drums for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. Designed by award winning international percussionist Pete Lockett and Sonosaurus LLC, the developer of ThumbJam, this app is a real first for percussion. It's an exciting and powerful tool, opening up the world of rhythm in a completely hands-on and inspiring way.
- Everyday Looper - Looping, recording app for iPhone/iPad.
- Etude - As keyboard music plays on screen, music scrolls, with right/left hand of measure playing (or notes playing if you choose) highlighted in colors, and with a keyboard graphic showing the keys pressed in same colors. If you prefer, there is also a graphic view rather than traditional music notation. Best of all, you can slow down the playback speed for use in piano practicing! Much repertoire can be downloaded and added to your library for free.
- GarageBand - The ground-breaking entry-level DAW for iPod Touch, iPhone, and iPad!.
- Loopy HD - As seen on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon -- Featured in the App Store Best of 2014 AU+NZ! Create music with Loopy HD by layering looped recordings of singing, beatboxing, or playing an instrument with a savvy, sophisticated, tactile new looper that totally reinvents the formula.
- Loopseque Kids - A kid-friendly version of the standard Loopseque; as the title suggests, kids play/work with loops.
- Magic Piano - Kind of a "Guitar Hero" for piano. Play piano music by tapping bright, colored dots in time as they stream down the screen. Doesn't involve reading notation, but does require perception of rhythm/timing..
- Noteworks - A fun, note reading app geared at school-aged kids.
- Treble Clef Kids - "Treble Clef Kids" is a fun, interactive and educational way for kids to learn the basics of music theory. Many agree that exposure to music correlates to better performance in school. "Treble Clef Kids" is the first step to enriching the lives of your precious little ones through music.
- Singing Fingers - "Singing Fingers lets you fingerpaint with sound. Just touch the screen while you make a sound, and colorful paint appears. Touch the paint to play back the sound again!"
- Songify - Turn speech into song!
- Staff Wars - Name the note before it falls off the clef!